The International Diabetes Federation and Healthy Caribbean Coalition is publicizing a series of questions to ask President Obama at today’s Twitter Town Hall (@townhall).
To tweet your message to this Town Hall event, and have a chance of being addressed by the US President, please ensure you use #AskObama after your question. The Healthy Caribbean Coalition has suggested the following tweets:
10) #AskObama Will you attend the United Nations High Level Meeting on Chronic Diseases in September?
9) #AskObama Does Global health and the growing chronic disease epidemic have any impact on the USA economy and jobs?
8.) Can increased funding for the research and prevention of chronic diseases improve the productivity of America’s workforce? #AskObama #NCDs
7) #AskObama CDC reports smoking as a major risk factor for chronic diseases + costs USA 97 billion in lost productivity. What can be done?
6) The rise in Chronic Diseases has led to lost job productivity. Given the burden on US States, will you attend the UN Summit in Sept? #AskObama
5) Lost productivity due to chronic diseases hits small businesses the hardest. Does your admin support the UN global summit on NCDs? #AskObama
4) Can you have a healthy economy, without a healthy workforce? Will USA support the global UN Summit on Chronic Diseases in September? #AskObama
3) #AskObama What is the importance of the historic United Nations Summit on Chronic Diseases for the American workforce and economy? #NCDs
2) In Sept, United Nations will hold the 1st ever summit on Chronic Diseases. Can this meeting +ively impact on USA jobs + economy? #AskObama
1) #AskObama Can tackling the chronic disease epidemic save jobs + increase productivity? If yes, will you attend UN Summit on #NCDs in Sept?
You can follow the Town Hall event live via webcast from the White House http://askobama.twitter.com/ . The President will answer a selection of questions chosen by designated curators and respond live with a summary being placed on Twitter. If he addresses your questions (which we hope he will!) a summary of 140 characters will be retweeted to your profile.