CARISMA-PANCAP is requesting applications from suitably qualified consultant(s) to document and review the interpersonal communications (IPC) strategies for HIV prevention and sexual health promotion of social marketing organisations (SMOs) with selected populations in two Caribbean countries (St Lucia and the Dominican Republic), from April – September 2012. This will involve working closely with SMOs who are part of the CARISMA programme.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 21st May 2012 at 17.00 (London time)
Full proposal information, including guidelines for submission and evaluation can be found at: http://pancap.org/en/media-resources/news-group/notices/955-invitation-to-application-including-terms-of-reference-for-the-services-of-a-consultant-s-to-document-and-review-interpersonal-communications-strategies-for-hiv-prevention-and-sexual-and-reproductive-health-promotion-st-lucia-and-the-dominican-republic.html
We welcome applications from individuals, organisations, or teams. Applications should contain the following elements:
a. Project proposal (max 4 pages excluding annexes) in which the bidder and all relevant team members should:
i. Demonstrate their suitability for this work including the following essential areas:
- Demonstrated experience of undertaking primary qualitative and/or ethnographic data collection in the field of sexual and reproductive health in a Caribbean setting
- In-depth understanding of the theory and practice of behaviour change communications programmes for health, including IPC and peer education approaches
- Demonstrated experience of working on sensitive topics with most at risk populations (e.g. sex workers) and young people
- Relevant professional qualification: at least a Masters degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. anthropology, social geography, public health, health communications)
- Ability to synthesize qualitative data into accessible formats and to deadlines
- Commitment to maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and ethical conduct when working with participants
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people with warmth and respect
- All team members should have fluency in English; team members working in the Dominican Republic should be fluent in Spanish
iii. The bidder’s proposed approach to undertaking the work (outline of methodology and timeline). If there is more than one team member, the proposal should explain how the members of the team will work together and what roles will be assigned.
iv. Contact details for two (2) referees
The Budget for this piece of work is €30,000. An example of the budget is outlined in Annex 3 below. Please submit this budget separately from the proposal.
CVs should be a maximum of two pages long and include details of the team members’ previous experience and qualifications. If more than one technical consultant is proposed, CVs for all consultants should be submitted.
The required documents shall be submitted by email no later than 17:00 (London time) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Esther Saville, Research Manager, CARISMA) and copied to email@example.com(Katharine Boaden, Assistant Programme Manager, CARISMA).
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or opened. Any questions concerning this Tender should be submitted in writing via email to the attention of Katharine Boaden firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com. The latest date for receipt of questions regarding this Tender is Friday 11th May at 17:00 (London time). No questions will be accepted after this date and time.
The total estimated ceiling amount established for this contract is approximately €30,000. It is assumed that this contract shall start on 15th June 2012 and will last until 31st August 2012.