As we discussed before in our earlier posts, we all have the opportunity to participate in the development of the UNAIDS Crowdsourcing strategy. This short video explains how. Perhaps a good question to ask though is why? Why should I spend the time to make a contribution?
Here are some reasons:
1. Only you know the experience you have and what you think should be done to improve the situation. Whether you work for a non profit or the government (or wherever), your insight might be valuable and actually make a difference.
2. You might learn something from others by participating in the chat.
3. You can make contact with other participants from around the world.
4. You can ensure that the unique issues the Caribbean faces are addressed.
5. You can learn how to use a new collaborative tool (Google docs) you may have never used before.
6. Show Andre Robb, the Caribbean representative on the drafting committee some support!
Can you think of any more reasons?
Please visit http://www.crowdoutaids.org/wordpress/ to view the calendar and find out about the next live drafting sessions. Let’s make sure the Caribbean is well represented!