Have you started an organization to foster change in your community? Maybe you run a mentorship program for disadvantaged youths or you started a non governmental organization that supports young people who have left the school systems. Regardless of your path, this opportunity below could give you the skills and knowledge to take your vision to the next level.
Launched in 2001 by the International Youth Foundation, YouthActionNet strengthens, supports, and celebrates the role of young people in leading positive change in their communities. Each year, 20 exceptional young social entrepreneurs are selected as YouthActionNet Global Fellows following a competitive application process.
For more information and to apply, visit their website at: http://www.youthactionnet.org/index.php?fuse=aboutfellowship
The year-long Fellowship program includes:
• A seven-day leadership retreat for twenty selected Fellows which offers dynamic peer-to-peer learning, collaboration, and sharing among young visionaries
• Focus on the personal growth and leadership abilities of Fellows, in addition to providing instruction in specific skills required to manage innovative, world-changing organizations
• Year-round learning opportunities based on Fellows’ individual needs and the six dimensions of leadership highlighted in the YouthActionNet® Global Curriculum: Personal, Visionary, Political, Collaborative, Organizational, and Societal.
Networking and Resources:
• Access to potential resources to support Fellows and their projects, including volunteers, mentors, and grant opportunities
• Opportunities to network and collaborate with IYF projects and partners
• Membership in the YouthActionNet® global network of fellows and alumni
• Training in areas such as communications planning, media outreach, message development, presentation skills, and innovative uses of new media technologies
• Access to global advocacy platforms and media coverage
- Open to all young people aged 18-29 (as of October 07, 2012)
- Applicants should be founders of existing projects/organizations, or leading a project within an organization.
- Proficiency in English is required; applications must be submitted in English
- Must be available to attend full retreat (all expenses paid) in the second week of October 2012.
For more information, visit their website at: http://www.youthactionnet.org/index.php?fuse=aboutfellowship
If you happen to find an opportunity through visiting this website, please come back here to caribbeanhealth.org or send an e-mail to contact (at) caribbeanhealth.org and tell us about your experiences. We want to encourage all Caribbean nationals to participate in these global opportunities. You experience could help someone else.